Got a technical question about your Starkey Hearing Technologies hearing aids or accessories? Erik Miles, Starkey Hearing Technologies’ Manager of Technical Support, answers the most common ones.
If you’ve recently updated to TruLink 4.0, you may have noticed a cool new feature called Noise Manager. This new feature, located in the Personalize section of TruLink (see below), lets you control and personalize noise management settings on-demand.
Here’s how to use Noise Manager:
- From the TruLink home screen, tap on “Personalize” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Tap on “Create Custom Memory” to create a unique memory for the noisy, windy crowded location you’re at.
- Enter a unique memory name, such as “Fav Loud Diner.”
- You will now see screen featuring SoundSpace and Noise Manger.
- Tap on the gray arrow for “Noise Manager.”
- First, you can adjust the Microphone Direction to help focus where the microphones pick up sound. Simply tap the head in the middle to change from Directional, Dynamic, Adaptive or Omni.
- Directional: Amplifies sound from in front of the listener more than from behind
- Dynamic: Engages an Omni or Fixed Directional response as needed based on the location of the sound; automatic switching between the two
- Adaptive: automatically switches using Acuity Directionality with null steering and Speech ID to protect speech at all angles around the listener for accurate and transparent sound
- Omni: picks up sound with equal gain from all sides or directions.
- Second, tap the right-side large gray arrow to the right of the head icon to head to “Use in Wind” to make listening more comfortable in wind
- Third, tap the right-side large gray arrow again to move to “Use in Noise.” Adjust this feature to make listening more comfortable in noisy areas.
- Fourth, tap the right-side large gray arrow again to move to “Use in Crowd,” where you can make listening more comfortable when in background noise.
More of a visual person? Check out our step-by-step video below!
NOTE: At any time while in “Personalize,” you can use SoundSpace to personalize your listening settings, save the settings and tag your location (create a geotagged memory).
If you have a technical question about your Starkey Hearing Technologies hearing aids or accessories, please call our Technical Support team at 1-800-721-3573 or email them to email@example.com.