A premier event for audiologists around the nation, we are excited for the opportunity to connect with professionals and talk about our latest innovations. Members of our leadership team will be onsite to talk about our brand-new Synergy platform technology and the changing landscape of our industry.
Starkey Symposia, April 13
We will hold a special three-hour innovation talk, Starkey Symposia: Uncovering New Realities in Hearing and Hearing Science, on Wednesday, April 13 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm in Room IS102. During this time members of our leadership team will discuss the changing hearing technology market and offer key insights for how to orchestrate and deliver exceptional patient experiences. At the Symposia, attendees will get a glimpse into the future of hearing world innovations and leave with the following to leverage in all future patient interactions:
- New consumer insights that will help deliver exceptional patient care
- New approaches in signal processing that are available today to help patients hear better in complex listening environments
- Exciting emerging technology trends that will impact the future of hearing health
Leadership in attendance includes: Senior Vice President Brandon Sawalich; Chief Technical Officer Tim Trine, Ph.D.; Vice President of Audiology and Professional Relations Dave Fabry, Ph.D.; Chief Marketing Officer Chris McCormick; Vice President of Education and Training Sara Burdak, Au.D.; Director of Professional Marketing Kate Simek; and Director of Consumer and Digital Marketing Carol Olson.
Novel Technologies, April 14
In the Exhibit Hall on Thursday, April 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Vice President of Education and Training Sara Burdak, Au.D. and Chief Technical Officer Tim Trine, Ph.D. will present The Art and Science Behind Made for Life Hearing Technology (NT200), highlighting the enhancements our biggest technology break-through to date can provide to patients.
Synergy Platform and Made for Life Technologies, April 15
Additionally, a number of our top researchers and audiologists will be hosting presentations that provide in-depth looks at our Synergy platform capabilities. Our Synergy platform is the only one in the industry to utilize quad core twin compressor technology. This innovative platform enables our hearing aids to binaurally process multiple sounds simultaneously, uniquely process music apart from speech, and provide patients with one of the most comprehensive and personalized listening experiences yet.
Presentations will be held April 15 at 12:00, 12:30 and 3:00 pm and include topics such as speech intelligibility differences between binaural and monaural telephone listening conditions, analysis of real world asymmetric environments, assessing spatial-hearing ability and more. See below for a complete list of speakers and times.
- Evaluation of a New Compression Architecture Designed to Improve Music Satisfaction, Ashley Hughes, Au.D.; Amanda Wolfe, Au.D., 12:00 pm (RP305)
- How a Mobile-Integrated Hearing Aid Influences Patient Identity, Candidacy, and Clinical Interactions, Jason Galster, Ph.D., FAAA, CCC-A, 12:00 PM (RP307)
- Speech Intelligibility Differences Between Binaural and Monaural Telephone Listening Conditions, Ashley Hughes, Au.D.; Amanda Wolfe, Au.D., 12:30 PM (RP314)
- Analysis of Real World Asymmetric Environments, Krishna Rodemerk, Au.D., FAAA, CCC-A; Karrie Recker, Au.D.; Jason Galster, Ph.D., FAAA, CCC-A; Jing Xia, Ph.D.; Jinjun Xiao, Ph.D. 12:30 PM (RP315)
- A New Online Questionnaire for Assessing Spatial Hearing Ability, Adriana Goyette, Au.D.; Christophe Micheyl, Ph.D.; Sridhar Kalluri, Ph.D., 12:30 PM (RP313)
- Seeing Shades of Gray: Optimizing Audiology-Industry Relations Through Evidence and Nuance, Jeff Crukley, Ph.D., FAAA, 3:00 pm (LM343)
April 15 will also offer hands-one experience with our latest Synergy technologies—Muse, Halo 2 and SoundLens Synergy—in the Exhibit Hall. Our new “Made for Life” hearing solutions offer patients versatile hearing capabilities, improved speech understanding in complex environments, our Multiflex Tinnitus Technology solution and the ability to once again enjoy music in rich, full sound.
If you’re headed to AudiologyNOW! 2016, come connect with us and learn about the future of hearing technology. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest announcements about Starkey technology and what we have going on at Audiology NOW!