Once you suspect you might be losing your hearing, it is important to see someone right away. Whether you are first learning about your hearing loss or ready to purchase hearing aids, the hearing professional will guide you through the process but you should come equipped with the right questions to ask the professional.
Here are are ten good questions you should ask about your hearing loss:
- Do I have hearing loss, and if so, what type?
- Is it medically treatable?
- Should I see a medical specialist for my condition?
- What are the results of my hearing tests? What's my hearing threshold?
- Are there specific frequencies or types of sound I have more trouble with than others?
- View how to read an audiogram
- Did I receive a copy of my audiogram and other test results?
- What are my treatment options?
- Can I prevent further hearing loss?
- Is there anything I can do on my own to hear better?