Did you know that 90 percent of hearing aid owners would recommend hearing aids to a friend or family member with a hearing problem?
Hearing loss is a common problem among many of today’s population. Ranked as the third most prevalent age-related disability, an estimated one in six Americans experience hearing loss.
Hearing loss has been linked to dementia and Alzheimer’s, a propensity for falling, depression, social isolation and more. But despite that hearing loss can affect so many lifestyle elements, an astounding 80 percent of people with hearing loss don’t seek the help of hearing aids!
On the other hand, in 2015 Better Hearing Institute reported that more about 91 percent of new hearing aid owners were satisfied with their hearing aids. They also found that participants with wireless hearing aid technology (such as Halo 2 or Muse) noted even higher satisfaction rates.
Hearing aids can help in a variety of situations, but some of the biggest benefits include:
- Positive impacts on relationships with friends and family
- Decreased listening fatigue
- Improved ability to communicate effectively in various environments
- Positive impact on work performance
- Increased desire to participate in social situations and group activities
Are you a current hearing aid wearer? Would you recommend your hearing aids to others with hearing loss? Tell us why on our Facebook page here!
- http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/ deafness/facts/en/index5.html