Got a technical question about your Starkey hearing aids or accessories? Erik Miles, Starkey’s Manager of Technical Support, answers the most common ones here.
One of the cool things about Halo and Halo 2 hearing aids is their ability to work with various Apple products to directly stream phone calls, FaceTime calls, music and media. But each hearing aid user has different listening preferences, and the automatic “Stream Boost” memory typically set up for many users may not provide the best sound quality for everyone.
Luckily, TruLink enables you to create a custom memory to set up for streaming! See how with the video below, or follow the steps below the video!
Below are some steps that will hopefully help you enjoy a better streaming experience via a new customized memory!
- Open your music app (i.e. iTunes) and select a song to play.
- Open the TruLink app.
- Tap on the SoundSpace feature.
- Move the dot around the SoundSpace feature to adjust bass, treble, softness and loudness until it sounds good to you. You’ll be able to hear the adjustments via the song you are playing.
- Save it with a name that you feel best relates to your activity, i.e. “My Music.”
- Tap on “Automatic Memories.”
- Select “Set” under the word “Audio.” Once you hit “Set,” a drop-down screen will appear and offer you options for adjusting the hearing aid microphones. Decide if you want to mute the hearing device microphones during streaming to avoid picking up on sounds outside the streaming source. If yes, tap on “Mute.”
The new memory should now activate whenever you start streaming when the TruLink app is open in the background. Note, you can also set up unique memories like this for your car and phone calls.
If you have any trouble setting up this memory, please contact our Technical Support team at 1-800-721-3573.
If you have a technical question about your Starkey hearing aids or accessories, email them to email@example.com.