Next-Generation Sound Now Available through VA and DoD
Starkey adds Livio Edge AI, the world's first custom rechargeable hearing aid, to government contract
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, May 13, 2020 – Livio Edge AI, Starkey’s latest hearing technology, is now available through the Veterans Affairs Administration, Department of Defense and other federal agencies. As the only American-owned hearing aid manufacturer, Starkey is pleased to continue supporting our veterans and active duty military personnel on their hearing journey.
With this release, veterans now have access to:
- Industry’s first and only 2.4 GHz Li-Ion custom rechargeable: allows for a simple and perfect fit, and no external batteries
- Edge Mode: conducts an AI-based analysis of the environment and makes smart, instantaneous adjustments for patient comfort
- Easiest to Use: utilizes voice-activated commands and tap controls for seamless adjustments
- Table Microphone: a smart, sleek 8-mic array, providing superior sound in noisy group settings
- Thrive Hearing Control App: offers users everyday connectivity and personalization
- Thrive Care App: lets caregivers see information Livio Edge AI wearers choose to share
“We are extremely proud to offer industry-leading technology, especially during this challenging time, to those who have served our country. Hearing is crucial for ensuring important information in the news and public service messages are effectively communicated,” Chief Audiology Officer Sara Burdak, Au.D. stated. “We believe, now more than ever, the new features offered by Livio Edge AI will help patients hear better and live better in an increasingly digital world.”
To learn more about Starkey and hearing loss resources for veterans, please click here.
Starkey is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded by Bill Austin in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. Led today by President Brandon Sawalich, Starkey is the only American-owned provider of hearing technologies. The company has more than 6,000 employees, operates 26+ facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide. Learn more at starkey.com.