Hearing aids represent a significant investment in our ability to communicate and connect with those around us. Take care of your hearing aids by following these simple tips, and they should provide life-changing benefits for years to come!
- Do wear your hearing aids every day, for at least 10 to 12 hours a day.
- Do open the battery door of hearing aids every night to let the device air out and extend the life of the batteries.
- Do clean your hearing aids every morning by wiping off the microphone and receiver (speaker) with a soft cloth.
- Do have spare batteries with you at all times.
- Do contact your hearing healthcare professional with any questions or concerns. They are there to help.
- Don’t wear your hearing aids in the shower or while swimming.
- Don’t let others wear your hearing aids.
- Don’t apply hair spray, gel or dry shampoo while wearing your hearing aids.
- Don’t store your hearing aids in the bathroom.
- Don’t try to repair your hearing aids yourself.
For more tips, reach out to your hearing healthcare professional. If you don’t have a hearing care provider, we can help you find one in your area. Just call 1-888-908-1845 or click here.
Join our community of Starkey Blog subscribers
Want a week's worth of Starkey blogs delivered to your inbox? Sign up here.